Foot-reflex Assessment & Massage Course (FR1)
On this Foot-Reflex Massage 2 day (consecutive days) course, you will be taught foot-reflex points and how to use them to assess your Client's condition. You will learn how to use these points in a foot-massage to help ease your Client's ailments and give a feeling of well-being. The use of Essential Oils in this context will also be covered.
No prior experience is required to take this Course.
This Course is also available as distance-learning.
Studies commence at 10.00 a.m. and finish at 5.00 p.m.
Topics addressed during this course include:
- Reflex-points used in Foot-reflex Massage: based on a system of ten longitudinal energy zones described by Dr. Fitzgerald in the 1930s
- Using Reflex-points to assess health-conditions: the reflex assessment assists in our evaluation of the condition of the client. The aim is to locate areas of congestion in the body and, by careful questioning, ascertain the cause of the congestion without concerning the client. This information is used to assist the Aromatherapist in choosing Essential Oils and the Aroma/Massage Therapist with a focus on the areas of the body that require help
- Using Reflex-points whilst massaging the feet: when giving a massage, with or without essential oils, all the reflex-points in both feet are massaged. Extra attention is given to areas particularly relevant to the patient's condition. Fairly firm pressure is applied to each reflex-point and, if the corresponding part of the body is affected, a tenderness may be felt in the foot
- What conditions will be most helped by Reflex-massage: detailed chart showing points for the alleviation of common ailments
- Essential Oils & Reflex-points: how to use Essential Oils during a reflex treatment for both Aroma and Massage Therapists
Many Associations accept our courses for CPD including the IFPA (12 Category A Points).
Please note: This Course is a Post-graduate qualification course, during which the student is assessed for competence.
Certificate of Qualification awarded to successfully completing Therapists.
"Excellent presentation and delivery."
"Course content very good and at the right level for non-Reflexologists."
"Thank you for your helpfulness and sensitivity."
"Very comprehensive, easy to understand hand-outs."