Mental Health and Complementary Therapies Course (MH)
This 2-day course is a NEW 'Guest' Course written and presented by Bridget Purser and Carol Dugdale. Bridget is an experienced Complementary Therapies practitioner with 20 years experience of working in palliative care. She started as a volunteer at a local hospice and now runs the Complementary Therapies department and its team of 16 therapists. As well as having a teaching role at the hospice and other health organisations, she has taught for a number of years at local colleges - including the Aromatherapy module on a Foundation Degree.
Carol has worked in the mental health field for many years and brings an enormous wealth of experience from working with many groups around the country and on a one to one basis as well as speaking at mental health conferences. She has a strong understanding of the different areas of mental health, treatments and recovery and has a deep understanding of holistic health.
If you are interested in this course please contact us for dates.
Hours: 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
During the Course we will explore:
- Various 'mental health' conditions that people may experience in life
- What exactly 'mental health' means
- How complementary therapies can support and assist in recovery
We will look at how specific essential oils and mindfulness can help with emotional, mental and spiritual wellbeing.
The course will consist of theory and practical skills to help a therapist become more knowledgeable and aware - enabling them to have a better understanding about the cause and effect of mental health.
This course is aimed at trained therapists, professional health workers or anyone with an interest in this field.
Day One - theory and practical:
- Looking at what we mean by the term 'mental health'
- Understanding various mental health conditions
- What is meant by the term 'recovery'
- Looking at orthodox treatments and their effects
- The use of different Complementary Therapies e.g. Aromatherapy, Healing, Meditation
- Practical work
Day Two - theory and practical:
- Gaining a deeper understanding of the cause and effect of mental health
- How to handle difficult situations which may arise
- Mental Health and End of Life care
- Case studies
- Learning about Essential Oils invaluable in this field and different applications
- Mindfulness and Art Therapy
- Practical work
This is a great opportunity to attend a Course with someone with such a wealth of experience and we would recommend that you book your place early as we anticipate that it will be a popular Course.
Course Certificates are awarded to completing Students.
Many Associations accept our courses for CPD including the IFPA (12 Category A Points).