This is a 5-day Course where Students will learn the art of Aromatherapy Massage to the standards required by the International Federation of Professional Aromatherapists.
Exemptions: Students taking the Clinical Aromatherapy Diploma should submit details of their Massage qualifications if they want exemption from this Aromatherapy Massage Module (case-studies will still be required).
Please note we welcome Students who already have a recognised massage qualification (level 3 or beyond) but who want to add an Aromatherapy Massage to their tool-kit. The cost of the Course is reduced to £350 for such Students.
In addition to those Students who are taking this 5-day course as part of their Clinical Aromatherapy Diploma, it is an ideal course for Students who want to use Massage on family and friends and who want an introduction to this fascinating topic. For those Students, further Modules can be taken at a later date if required.
No prior experience is necessary to attend this Course
Topics addressed during this Course include:
* Aromatherapy Massage including Foot-reflexes for assessment
* Body Stance
* Clients' Record-sheets
* Postural Analysis
* History of Massage
* Essential Oils for Pregnancy and Childbirth,
* Safety and Contra-indications to Massage
* Overview of Therapeutic/Swedish Massage
* Benefits and Principles of Massage
* Physiological and psychological effect of Massage
* The Immune and Lymphatic System
* Pulse Synchronisation
* Skin-types and Skin-structure
* Carrier Oils
* Basic Essential Oils
* Therapeutic Cross-referencing
* Clients' Consultations
* What can the Client expect?
* Patient information - frequently asked questions
* Blood Pressure - how to take it
* Vitamins and Diet
* Stretching Exercises
* Introduction to Trigger Points
* Other Massage Techniques
* Massage: Limitations and Boundaries
On completion of this Module Case-studies to be submitted for those Students taking our Clinical Aromatherapy Diploma.
Practical examinations will be individually arranged and will take place in Fleet, Hampshire (5 miles from the Ash venue).
Studies normally commence at 10.00 a.m. and finish at 4.30-5.00 p.m.
Aromatherapy Diploma Students can start with the 'in-house' Aromatherapy Massage Module or the 'in-house' Aromatherapy Practical Module or theDistance-learning Modules.
If you would like to attend this course but cannot attend on any of the dates listed, please let us know and we will inform you as new dates are scheduled.
Please click on the date to take you to the enrolment form.
16-20 September 2013
Apply for dates in Cumbria
Selecting a date will present you with an Enrolment Form for that course.
© Copyright 2000, The S.E.E.D. Institute All rights reserved.