Aromatherapy & Cancer (CA1)
This course, for those either working in the field of Cancer-care or for those interested in this topic. The Course is geared to qualified and practising Aromatherapists but we allow anyone to come on it as there is so much valuable information and much value to be had from using essential oils for their aroma alone. We clearly define what parts cannot be utilised by non-Aromatherapists and the mix of abilities works very well as hospice workers and carers bring in a very different dimension to the course which is valuable for therapists
It was prepared by one of our Principal Tutors and has the unique perspective of her experiences with malignant melanoma. Given a 40% chance of surviving 5 years, she decided to plumb the depths of her resources and gather what she perceived to be the best of both allopathic and complementary medicine and use them to her own advantage. So far, she is still very much alive and a great deal wiser about the human body and psyche.
This Course is also available as distance-learning.
It was reported, at a conference on Cancer, that one in two people will get Cancer sometime during their lifetime and, with this in mind, it is the intention of the Tutors to impart their hard-won knowledge to those who wish to support people in their battle with this disorder.
Topics addressed during the course include:
- Consultations and Health & Symptom Profile
- Precautions & Contra-indications to Massage
- Experiences with Gerson Therapy
- Psychology, Emotions & Fears
- Impact of the Stress-factor
- Nutrition & the Immune-system
- Free radical activity, antioxidants, chemotherapy and radiotherapy
- Specific Essential Oils to support the immune system, with recipes for specific conditions
- Fragrance-testing: a unique perspective on essential oils - allowing the client to 'smell out' the oils that they require - the importance of olfaction and its impact on those seriously ill
- Adjuvant Complementary Therapies & Cancer Treatments
- Candida and its relevance to Cancer
- Enemas, Detoxification, Clay & Castor Oil Packs: their role in relieving pain
- pH Testing
No prior experience is required to attend this Course.
Many Associations accept our courses for CPD including the IFPA (12 Category A Points).
Please note: This Course is a Post-graduate qualification course, during which the student is assessed for competence.
Certificate of Qualification awarded to successfully completing Students
"Excellent Course - thoroughly enjoyed it. Learnt a lot. Would recommend it."
"I've thoroughly enjoyed the Course - it has been stimulating, interesting and challenging. It has broadened my horizons both personally and professionally."
"Has closed a few gaps in my knowledge."
"There was a great deal of useful and interesting data."
"I'd definitely recommend this course to others as it was recommended to me by two others."
"Very up-to-date and enough information to read, digest and produce."
"I learnt much more than expected."