Return to Aromatherapy and/or Massage Practice Course (RTP1)
Return to Aromatherapy and/or Massage is a 3 day refresher course designed for those who have qualified in Aromatherapy and/or Massage but who, for whatever reason, have been unable to practise for some time.
This Aromatherapy/Massage refresher course addresses the techniques of massage that are easily lost, if not used regularly, and introduces Therapeutic Cross-Referencing for those Aromatherapists who have not worked with Essential Oils in this way, or for Practitioners who need to revise this oil-selection technique.
Students will cover all aspects of client care including Client Consultations, Cautions & Contra-indications, Postural Analysis, creating Carrier/Essential oil blends, as well as learning/practising effective massage techniques.
- Therapists who have been away from their practice for 1 year are required by the I.F.P.A. to complete, as a minimum, 1 day of CPD training.
- Therapists who have been away from their practice for 2-3 years are required by the I.F.P.A. to complete, as a minimum, 2 days of CPD training.
- Therapists who have been away from their practice for more than 3 years are required by the I.F.P.A. to complete, as a minimum, a full refresher course of 3 days.
This Course is also available as distance-learning.
Please note: the Distance-learning Course is the equivalent of the first 2 days of this 3 day in-house Return to Practice Course. The in-house Course has an additional third day to afford students in depth practise of advanced massage techniques as well as providing for therapists who have been away from their practice for more than 3 years. Students who have attained the 2 day Distance-learning Course may; if they feel they would benefit from hands on tuition, book on the third day of this in-house Course which is our 'Advanced Massage Refresher' day (AMR).
Studies commence at 10.00 a.m. and finish at 5.00 p.m.
This 3 day (consecutive days) refresher course was originally formulated at the request of some of our ex-students who had trained with us years ago but who had interrupted practice to have children or to look after elderly relatives. As such, it has arisen from authentic 'field-problems' and has proved extremely beneficial to those who have undertaken the course.
Topics addressed during the course include:
- Full Day Massage-refresher
- Contra-indications to Massage
- Therapeutic Cross-Referencing
- Professional Bodies
- Working with the Medical Profession
- Basic Business Principles & Book-keeping
- Setting up in Practice
Many Associations accept our courses for CPD including the IFPA (18 Category A Points).
Please note that this course is designed to aid the Therapist's current practice and is not a qualification in its own right.
Course Certificates are awarded to participants.